Friday 21 May 2021

Bloody Spaniels....

     Tis my birthday today and as usual I try to let it go without fuss or bother, but Bramble (my ever present sidekick) decided to mark today with a special present all of her own making. Waking up and fumbling my way to the bathroom my one good ear (I hates this getting old and decaying m’larky) detected the quiet but unmistakable sounds of a certain Spaniel retching on top of the stairs. After emptying my space hopper sized bladder I faced the task of cleaning the little darlings present and investigating what had brought on this morning’s vomiting episode....oh joy.

     Armed with various cleaning appliances aka a lot of tissues the clean up and investigation commenced. Within the slimy, but to be fair not very stinky mess there lay the cause of said retching .... several pieces of thin, pink rubber. Calling upon all my forensic skills and computer like brain I was finally able to deduce the source of this heinous find.... a football that I had caught Bramble chewing in a client’s garden. I thought that I had caught the little bugger before she had ingested any of the ball and thought no more about it. Nor have I thought about it for over four weeks, yes it was four bloody weeks since she had wrecked some poor child’s football. How the hell can a fair amount of rubber sit in a smallish sized dog’s stomach for over a month with her showing no signs of stress and still crapping like a Rhinoceros? All I can put it down to is that the little bastard  darling has saved it for my birthday, bless.

Footnote...as I sit here typing away to share the joy of Bramble’s little birthday gift she is curled up at my feet snoring with contentment and farting like a trooper....bless.




     

2 comments:

  1. Well, I'm glad she's well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's now just stir crazy with myself being a tad immobile at the moment Joy! Do you write a blog yourself m'dear?

      Delete