Saturday 22 May 2021

My garden, err well sort of....a tour...

      Like many gentlemen of a certain age one tends to have many a project upon the go. Unfortunately this tends to mean that said projects are never completed (or even started for that matter!), are the cause of many an upset between that gentleman and his beloved (if somewhat misunderstanding partner) and the source of dwindling supplies of money. I have thousands one or two projects on the go at this moment in time and after several discussions with G we (she) feel that it is high time that the garden resembles something less than an abandoned pikey site (read ‘about me’ upon the side column if offended at this point). 

     Now if you have indeed read any of the blurb within this blog, that’ll be two posts and the aforementioned ‘about me’, then you will have gleaned that after three decades of factory work I am now in fact a professional gardener (‘professional’ used in the loosest possible context) and one would expect that my own garden would be a little piece of paradise...it is not! Due to various reasons and excuses my garden does indeed look like an abandoned pikey site or worse for that matter. Last year I did indeed make a half arsed attempt at transforming it but like many things my mind has let go of over the years it fell off the radar.

    But there is salvation for this derelict piece of land and, as mentioned in my first post, I am in a far better place these days to cope with life. So this post is the first of many steps on the path of turning my garden into a place of peace, meditation and a small haven for local flora and fauna. So this will be the base level from which all future ‘my garden’ posts will be judged, so on with the tour of shame....

     To give some perspective, the garden is situated behind our end terraced house t’other side of a shared path that services the group of three houses. It slopes rather steeply front to back ending with my garage that sits some eight feet above the garden’s top level Access is via steps and a path that then runs the length of the garden, I have placed the following pictures in order from the initial steps (that would be the crap covered mess in photograph one) and then onwards as if you were walking up the garden..









     The final photograph is one looking back down the garden from the direction of my garage. The garden is indeed a complete shambles at the moment but hopefully by the end of this season it will be nurturing place that I crave it to be.






4 comments:

  1. John, my friend, how the hell are you. Since I decided to blog again (same URL, different name) I've lost track of some of the the people I call friends. All my fault of course. Now that I have you back on my blogroll, I will be stopping back in as you post. Greeting from Northern California.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eh up Mark, tis nice to reconnect again with old friends here in the blogosphere. Doing well here in Northeast Wales, hoping you are in Northern Californium

      Delete
  2. Good to see you back and hear that you are feeling good.
    Have fun with the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sue, good to be back....not sure that the initial work will be fun but later when it starts to knit together then the enjoyment should start

    ReplyDelete