Monday 22 November 2021

A shameless piece of advertising..

       Tis quite funny how one person's upturn can encourage another person in life. Take this blog for instance, as some of you may know it has been quite a long time since I have shared my thoughts within the blogging community. For whatever the reasons over the years I just did not find the mindset to commit myself to writing  and it became harder and harder to do so as time passed. But suffering from the fever of being stuck in our cabin after 'the great snap', as it shall now be known, I needed to occupy myself or going stark raving mad (and that's after only after a week of being laid up). So I returned to the blogs, first reading others but soon inspired to write the odd piece. Funny I thought that this would be a temporary thing once working again. But no, I know that even after a few short posts that I am here to stay and annoy you all with my musings on a permanent basis (sorry!).

      The thing is that my beloved G has written poetry on and off for far longer than she has known myself and, like me, dips in and out of writing as life's pressures dictate. She has often thought of sharing her work and thoughts but like so many of us lacked the confidence to do so. I suppose it is easier for writers like myself who just write about the day to day thoughts, doings and dreams of their lives as the content is there in front of us every waking moment. Poetry, in my opinion is a different animal, perhaps more open to scrutiny and critic but as I have said before, if people do not like what is written then they are free to look elsewhere for their reading material.

      G has been so supportive of me in my renewed blogging as she is with all my endeavours, but I sensed something else within her at the same time. So I have suggested her writing on her own blog and indeed this week she has started to do so. Of course it is in its infancy and requires refinement (the template not the content), but the bare bones of it are now in the blogosphere for all and sundry to take a peak at. G is of course nervous at this new adventure but I am sure her confidence and for that matter her following will grow in time.

     So if you fancy taking a peak at her poetry and perhaps offer some support then her new blog is to be found here......

Sign of the Rhymes

     She will probably kill me for this helping hand as she is as independent as they come, but if I can only offer a fraction of the support that G shows me it will be worth the lambasting...



8 comments:

  1. I was pleasantly surprised to realize this blog belongs to the same person of a blog that I followed awhile ago. I'm glad to see you are back and giving it another go. Sorry to hear about your injury - sounds painful. Get better soon and I look forward to many more posts. Ranee (MN) USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ranee,
      Nice to have you back along for the ride m'dear

      Delete
  2. Hello John, it's wonderful to see you back. I hope you are healing nicely by now. I've just popped to Gs blog to read her poems. She is truly talented and amazing. Looking forward to more from you both soon 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PP, thank you m'dear it is nice to be back. Healing albeit slowly and suffering from cabin fever. I am glad you appreciate G's blog and she is really pleased with the positive response so far m'dear

      Delete
  3. Not big on poetry, but will take a gander now and again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know, you may find your inner Keats old lad....

      Delete
  4. Good to see you back blogging again John and hope you heal soon. Will certainly check out the poems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin,
      Tis nice to be back thank you.

      Delete